Monday, April 5, 2010

I Want...

“Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.”” Luke 9:23
Do you have a problem with self-denial? I do. I am ashamed to admit it. I know I could improve my life in many areas if I would practice self-denial.

I know I’m not the only one who deals with this problem. Even Paul wrote of the problem in Romans 7:14-25. He tells of the war our spiritual body has with our fleshly (sinful!) body.

Is there any hope? Of course there is. Our hope is always in Christ Jesus. Paul writes,
“What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.” (Romans 7:24, 25)
Okay, so what do we do now; today? We fight on! Through prayer, through Bible study; for we are not alone in our daily struggles and we find hope in the God’s word. Always remember,
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
God Bless!