Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hearts Ablaze

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Have you ever felt the quickening of your heart in that quiet moment of communion with the Holy Spirit? It is a feeling like none other I’ve ever experienced and I wish I had the words to adequately describe it to you. When I feel that special quickening of my heart I’m always reminded of Luke 24:32 when Christ appeared, unrecognized, to two of His disciples after His resurrection. Only later when they realized they had been with Jesus did they say, "Were not our hearts burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Have you allowed the noise of the world to make you spiritually deaf or is your heart ablaze as you walk in the Spirit; attentive to His word? Slow down. Listen. God is speaking to you. He is waiting and ready to cause your heart to overflow with hope by the power of His Spirit and set your heart ablaze. Amen!

God Bless!