Friday, April 16, 2010

Are You A Saint?

I have a cousin who likes to say, “You’re the mean one aren’t you?” What she is saying is that in comparison to my other siblings (especially my sweet sister), I am the most out-spoken and therefore the “mean” one. By the way, my cousin considers herself, “the mean one”, in comparison to her siblings too. I’m happy to report; the years have softened us both!

Galatians 4:7 tells me if I have accepted Christ as Savior then I’m “… no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.”

As Christians, we are saints in the eyes of God because we are joint-heirs with Christ. Not because of anything we’ve done. No, not at all; but what Christ did for us on the cross. We are blameless in the eyes of God because when we accepted Christ we became clothed in the righteousness of Christ; the righteousness of the cross of Calvary. (Makes you want to shout for joy doesn’t it?!)

Ephesians 2:8-9a says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”

Celebrate your “saintliness” today by sharing your story with someone else. Share the Good News of Jesus today and everyday.

God Bless!