Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Get Your Praise On

Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." Revelation 4:8b
Too often our prayer life consists only of our personal lists of wants, wishes, and desires. This should not be! Our prayers should begin most often with praise of our Heavenly Father. Even Jesus set this example for us in His model prayer: “Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed (holy, venerated, sacred) be thy Name”, Luke 11:2.

Our days should be paved with prayers of praise. Need help with this? Look to the book of Psalm; or check out Hannah’s prayer in 1 Samuel 2:1-10. It begins like this:

"My heart rejoices in the LORD;
in the LORD my horn is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance.

"There is no one holy like the LORD;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God. (v.1-2)
You'll find Mary’s song in Luke 1; it begins,

"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior” Luke 1:46-47
You will find songs of praise for our great and awesome God throughout His word. Check it out; the examples are there; take time to follow them today and everyday and get your praise on!

God Bless!