Monday, February 1, 2010

Which Way Do I Go From Here?

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” John 14:26 (NASB)
Have you ever sat wringing your hands wondering what plan God has for you? I know I have. I knew God wasn’t going to give me a step-by-step-five-year-plan to follow…if He did, I wouldn’t need Him; I’d just need the plan. However, in truth, that step-by-step-plan is really what I wanted. I was praying each day that God would reveal His plan for my life to me. Only recently have I realized I was getting it all wrong.

Praying in that way can actually make us stagnant and quite useless. We tend to stand around waiting for that plan to drop from Heaven so we can pick it up and run with it. The truth of the matter is that we should pray daily to be fully yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit. As situations arise throughout the course of the day we should be seeking the leadership of the Holy Spirit. We should be mindful to pray in such a way on a daily basis that we are continually opening ourselves up fully to the Holy Spirit, our Helper, our Comforter.

The Holy Spirit is there, ready to guide you. Are you making yourself available to Him? Take a moment to evaluate how you are communicating with the Father. Are you praying; are you reading your Bible; are you fellowshipping with other believers through church attendance?
“As for God, His way is perfect: The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:30-32 (NKJV)
God Bless!