Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Perfect Peace

My sister and I attended the wake of a favorite cousin last night. He was a person who always had a smile on his face and a friendly word for you; a peaceful man.

As we traveled home my sister and I began to talk of the peace that knowing Christ gives you. We both agreed that your world may be collapsing around you but you can still feel perfect peace because of faith in Jesus Christ.
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
If you don’t know that kind of peace, accept Christ today and know the peace that overcomes the world. If you know Christ but are fearful and feel peace fleeing, remember, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

This is my prayer for you today:
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26