Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God's Lamp

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105
I am constantly in awe of and amazed by the word of God. As I read through my Bible I continually find the Holy Spirit revealing more and more to me…things I didn’t “get” the last time I read through the same passage.

Discovering a richer and deeper understanding of God’s word is an answer to prayer. This “miracle” of enlightenment happens only through the work of the Holy Spirit.

In Leviticus 10:3a, Moses tells his brother, Aaron, “This is what the LORD spoke saying: ‘By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy’”. (Read Leviticus 9:1 – Leviticus 10:11 to discover the context of these words to Aaron.)

Prepare to meet God in His word. Each day before you open your Bible to read take a moment to pray; open your heart to God and ask Him to open His word to you. God wants you to know Him and He will guide you on that journey!
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
God bless!