Monday, July 26, 2010

Successful Living

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:33-34
What is your personal definition of success? If you define success in worldly terms you no doubt include within your definition the word self-sufficiency or at least some variation of that word. Sarah Young, in her book Jesus Calling, has written, “The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success.”

This serves to remind us of how differently “the world” and “the Way” define success. The world values self-reliance and independence. However, the Bible teaches us to look to God for all our needs; to be obedient to His word and His way.

The only way we can truly “take hold of our destiny” is by letting go of our own dreams and aspirations and totally devote ourselves to God. Settle the question of your future today by accepting Christ as your savior if you haven’t already done so and by committing your life fully to God by saying, “I want for my life whatever God wants for me.”

Blessed Lord, I give myself fully to You; to walk in Your way. Remove from my heart foolish pride and vain-glory that I may live in Your strength alone. I will praise Your precious name forevermore. Amen.

God Bless!