Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Are You Going? Are You Telling?

Isaiah 6 tells of Isaiah’s call to be a prophet of God. Isaiah 6:8 is an oft repeated verse:
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
As Isaiah was sent to declare the word of the Lord, the apostle Paul tells of his calling in Romans 1:1 like this:
“Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God”.

As believers in Christ Jesus, we, too, are, “separated to the gospel of God” and we have been given a commandment to go:
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Are you going? Are you speaking the good news to others? Are you recognizable as a child of God; a joint-heir with Christ?

Do you find yourself “dropping” the name of Jesus whenever possible? Or do you behave in such a way others would be surprised to know you consider yourself a Christian?

Paul said,
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes,” Romans 1:16a.
You don’t sit on good news; you spread it! What kind of family member or friend withholds good news?? Get out there! Spread the word!

Be an Isaiah, saying, “Here am I Lord, send me!” Be like Paul, separated to the gospel and unashamed. Let others know they too can be a part of the family of God and can share in the good news of Jesus!

Godspeed and God Bless!