Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mind Your Ways

“But My people would not heed My voice, and Israel would have none of Me.
So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, to walk in their own counsels.
“Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! Psalm 81:11-13 (NKJV)
Have you ever wanted something so badly, only to receive it and then immediately regret ever wanting it? Sometimes the Lord teaches us valuable lessons by allowing us to have our own way; to walk in our own counsel. This is a powerful lesson indeed, for we don’t always “want” what is best for us.

God giving us over or giving us up to our own wants and desires is a frightening thing. How terrible to walk in the wisdom of man rather than the wisdom and counsel of the Creator, the Almighty God!

Evidence that God sometimes punishes mankind by giving them up to their own stubbornness and arrogance is found in Romans 1:24-26 where we are told God gave them up to their own lusts, uncleanness, and vile passions. Where man follows his own way instead of God’s way tragedy ensues.

Let us settle the question in our hearts today; humble ourselves before God; repent of past sins and commit to walking in the ways God today and always. We have been assured that if we delight our hearts in the way of the Lord, He will bless us.
O my soul, you have said to the LORD,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.” Psalm 16:2

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:3-5
Dearest Lord, Forgive me my arrogance and stubbornness. I commit myself fully to You today; I pray I may always walk in Your way. Amen.

God Bless!