Thursday, July 15, 2010

Speak Boldly

And pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6:19-20
The Apostle Paul was serious about his obligation to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to others. He carried out this task with a sense of urgency and he spoke boldly at every opportunity.

In Acts 20:20, Paul says, “I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it”; not only teaching publicly but also from house to house. Furthermore, in the same chapter, verses 26 and 27, Paul says, “I am innocent of the blood of all men for I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.”

What a powerful example Paul has left for us to follow. Do you speak boldly for the cause of Christ? Are you able to say you are innocent of the blood of all men because you have never failed to speak to others concerning Jesus?

The call to spread the gospel is not a spiritual gift that you have or do not have. The call to spread the “Good News” is a command given to us by Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8).

Father—Thank You for Your Son; thank you for saving me. Help me through the power of the Holy Spirit to be your ambassador; always proclaiming Your gospel boldly and lovingly to others. Amen.

God Bless!