Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Spirit’s Work in You

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful”. John 15:1-2 NIV
The Holy Spirit works within us to live the life of Christ Jesus through us. Are you surrendering yourself fully to the working of the Holy Spirit? Is this evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
Our Heavenly Father is the creator and keeper of the vineyard. Jesus said He was the true vine and His Father, the gardener. We, as Christians, are the branches.

What is the work of branches? The work of the branches is to bare fruit. How? The branches bare fruit through the work of the vine through the branches. The vine is planted/rooted in the garden by the gardener/vine-keeper/husbandman…our great and awesome God.

Dr. Charles Stanley explains it this way: A grape branch doesn't bear fruit because of its determined efforts to get sunshine; rather, it simply abides in the vine, and fruit appears. The vine does all the work.

As branches, our job is to fully surrender ourselves to the working of the vine. The Apostle Paul says in Galatians 2:20:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Amen! God Bless!