Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Purposeful Hand of God

"This is what the LORD says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me", Isaiah 45:1-5,NIV
God uses those who do not know Him to accomplish His purpose. The above text references Cyrus (the Persian; mentioned in the Old Testament books of 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Isaiah, and Daniel). Even though Judah would be taken into captivity they would be preserved and the walls of Jerusalem and the temple would be rebuilt under the order of Cyrus.

In Isaiah 46:9-10, God declares that He is a God like no other for He knows everything from the beginning of time to the end of time and He says in verse 10: “My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.”

The children of Israel, while they have suffered greatly (e.g., WWII), they will never be completely annihilated; there will always be a remnant. God, the Creator, has declared it and so shall it be; His word always stands.

God’s perfect purpose is always accomplished in His perfect timing. God’s revelation “will certainly come and will not delay” and “the righteous will live by faith” (Habakkuk 2:3-4). Amen.

God Bless!