Monday, March 15, 2010

Thou Shalt Not!

I do not now nor have I ever considered myself a political person. However, I believe it is time (in fact, well past the time) for me and other Christian-Americans like me to stand up and cry out (or even better, as my grandchildren say, shout out) about laws  passed in our country today which are an abomination to God.

We murder the unborn and call it, "pro-choice" and a "woman's right to choose" even though God told us, you “shall not murder”, (Exodus 20:13 : Gen 9:6; Ex 21:12; Lev 24:17; Matt 5:21; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Rom 13:9; James 2:11). Because the murder of children in the form of child sacrifices were common among the pagan nations, God warns against this very early in Biblical text: “You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.” –Deuteronomy 12:31; further Ezekiel 20:26 records, “and I pronounced them unclean because of their gifts, in that they caused all their firstborn to pass through the fire so that I might make them desolate, in order that they might know that I am the LORD.”

As Americans, we are on a slippery slope. It is time for Christian-Americans to stand up, be heard and be counted. It is time for us to be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves; to be known as a God-fearing-Christian-nation once again. We have been complacent for far too long.

Don’t delay! Make your voice known: vote, contact those in power who represent you and express your opinion, PRAY for those in power and support organizations such as the Alliance Defense Fund or ADF, (http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/) who fight daily for religious freedom, sanctity of human life, and family values.

The voices of the unborn are crying out to us:
Plead my cause, O LORD, with those who strive with me;
Fight against those who fight against me.
Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor
Who seek after my life;
Let those be turned back and brought to confusion
Who plot my hurt. Psalm 35:1, 4 
God Bless.