Monday, March 29, 2010

Giving Thanks Always

“Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:20 (NKJV)
Yesterday was my birthday and as I prayed I was mindful to give thanks to our merciful, loving God for all the blessings I have received throughout the course of my life. This morning as I sat and prayed the Holy Spirit led me to give thanks for all those many blessings I have received about which I never knew. Let’s face it; these human minds of ours are finite. So much so in fact, many times we behave as infants stepping through cognitive milestones…if we can’t see it, it does not exist!

Hopefully though, we are mature enough to realize this isn’t the case. Our great and awesome God blesses us in ways in which we cannot even imagine. My challenge today for you is to thank God for ALL your blessings—seen and unseen.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)”
God Bless!