Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello God! It’s Me.

In the times in which I have been most distressed, the Holy Spirit reminds me that all is well because our great God, the Creator is still in control. It is He who made the heavens and the earth; indeed, all of the universe—and beyond; it is He who filled the vast spaces of nothingness with great wonders and it is He in whom we may seek comfort at any time.

To our finite minds the magnitude and elements of creation are limitless. Yet the Creator chose to love us…”What is man that thou art mindful of him?” God created man to fellowship with Him and He promised man that those who would seek Him would find Him.
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory
above the heavens.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet... Psalm 8:1,3-6 (NIV)
How will you seek God today? Will it be through His word, through prayer, through song or other verse? There are so many ways in which we may seek God, but the end results of the search are all the same…we will find Him. Why? He is always watching and waiting for us.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD,…Jeremiah 29:12-14a (NIV)
And not only that but this also:
Blessed are the people of whom this is true;
blessed are the people whose God is the LORD. Psalm 144:15 (NIV)
God Bless!