Friday, August 20, 2010

The Home Front

 I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will sing praise.

I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
when will you come to me?

I will walk in my house
with a blameless heart.

I will set before my eyes
no vile thing.

The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.

Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil. Psalm 101:1-4
As a rule, people put on their best behavior when away from home. But what about your behavior at home; how do you walk before your family?

As believers, our behavior should be consistent without regard to our audience. We should “be careful to lead a blameless life and walk with a blameless heart” always; in every situation.

Most importantly, the first mission field on which we serve is our own homes. “Home missions” is our first priority. If we can’t proclaim the name of Jesus at home, to our family, chances are we’ll find ourselves sadly lacking and unprepared when facing other, less-welcoming situations.

God Bless!