Friday, June 11, 2010

Living the Abundant Life

Are you living the abundant life? If not, why not? Jesus said in John 10:10, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Jesus is provider and supplier; He does this with love, mercy and grace and He does it “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us”, Ephesians 3:20. Furthermore, the preface to this verse is verses 16-19 which say:
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
My friends, this is the abundant life. Again I ask; are you living the abundant life? If not, why not?

How do we get this abundant life? Not through anything we can do for ourselves, but only through Jesus Christ; through His mercy and grace.

“But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:4-7
Romans 10:9 tells us, ““That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved””.

Philippians 4:19 says that once we are saved, “…my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

The Apostle Peter tells us in 1 Peter 1:3-5 that once saved we have a heavenly inheritance that cannot be taken away because we are shielded by the power of God:
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.”
Are you living the abundant life? If not, why not? Accept Christ today.

Loving God, I know I am a sinner and there is nothing I can do to save myself. I ask you to come into my life; to live within my heart; I accept you as my All in all. I ask you to forgive me of my sin as I give my life fully to You. I seek the abundant life that only You can give. Guide me as I to learn to follow You and walk in Your way. Amen.

God Bless!