Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Be Anxious for Nothing

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-8, 13, 19
From time to time we allow ourselves to become overwhelmed by the circumstances of daily life. Jesus knew this would happen. When speaking of His return, Jesus warned us to be watchful and careful not to allow our hearts to be loaded down with the anxieties of this life (Luke 21:34).

When the storms of life are not only on the horizon but also appear to be overtaking you, take a moment to find a quiet place of prayer. Then take all of your anxieties and lay them at the Savior’s feet. In placing all your troubles under the dominion of Christ you will find the peace that passes all understanding. Through Christ it is possible to have peace in the midst of the storm. Once we’ve made our requests known to our Heavenly Father; placed our worries at His feet and received His peace; we are assured He will guard and protect our hearts and minds.

Furthermore, we are told to meditate on those things which are good, respectable, wholesome, honorable, and praiseworthy. We are able to do this because we are told we can do all things through Christ and that our God is going to supply all our needs.

Precious Lord, You’ve told me You’ve written my name in Your hand and that You will never leave me. Father, forgive me when I allow myself to become encumbered by the worries of this temporal world; remind me of Your everlasting promises and that I am a child of the King. Thank you for loving me; thank you for drawing me to You; thank you for Your Son; my Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen.

God Bless!