Monday, May 3, 2010

The Map

As for me, I will call upon God,
And the LORD shall save me. Psalm 55:16

In God I have put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me? Psalm 56:11
When you start to follow God's roadmap for life, follow it diligently and follow it exclusively. Put aside your own preconceived notions and plans and trust God completely for the journey ahead. Realize there will be occasional bumps in the road as you travel along the way.

There are people who believe once they become Christians, life will be rosy and without complication. Not so. However, God equips us with whatever we need in each unique situation. Jesus taught His disciples saying, “Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.” (Luke 21:14-15)

Each day I ask God for guidance and direction. Although I sometimes find myself in situations outside my comfort zone I am confident I am where God wants me to be and doing what He wants me to do. It would be completely unacceptable to pray, “Dear Lord, please use me for your purpose but only use me to do things I really like to do or want to do”.

While we wait on Him to reveal to us the tasks ahead continue to pray; study His word; and fellowship with His people. In doing so, we stay close to Him and keep the lines of communication open. Happy trails!