Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Battle Is Not Ours

Like anyone else, I can sometimes be consumed by what troubles me. It is in those times I must sit down, clear my mind and remember the battle is not mine; my Lord and my Savior is the One who goes before me and fights for me. What I must do is relinquish control and turn everything over to the Creator; the One who loves me and has promised to fight for me. In Isaiah 41: 10-13, the Lord, my Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel declares (v. 14):
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
     do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
     I will strengthen you and help you;
     I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

11 All who rage against you
     will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
     those who oppose you
     will be as nothing and perish.

12 Though you search for your enemies,
     you will not find them.
     Those who wage war against you
     will be as nothing at all.

13 For I am the LORD, your God,
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.
Deuteronomy 31:8 tells us:

“And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”

Let’s stop and count our blessings and take a moment to praise God for His excellent greatness on our behalf. The Lord our God loves us: He protects us; He will never leave us or forsake us; He fights for us. The victory is ours in Christ for He has already fought the battle and claimed the victory! Amen!

From Psalm 8:
1 O LORD, our Lord,
   How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
   Who have set Your glory above the heavens!

3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
   The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,

4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
   And the son of man that You visit him?

9 O LORD, our Lord,
  How excellent is Your name in all the earth!
Thank you dear Lord for Your infinite mercy; for Your everlasting love; for Your continued protection; thank you most of all for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins; who then conquered death that we might chose life in Him and thereby be clothed in His righteousness. Thank you for the gift of Your Holy Spirit to daily lead us, strengthen us, and prepare us for Your purpose; for Your honor and Your glory. Amen.

God Bless!