Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wisdom in the Word

Three years ago I resolved to read through the entire Bible in a year. "Daily" Bibles are relatively inexpensive, usually softback, and set-up so that you have 365 readings. The daily reading typically contains a couple of chapters from the Old Testament, a few verses from Psalm, a few verses from Proverbs, and a chapter from the New Testament. The daily reading takes about fifteen minutes a day.

I have now read through the Bible twice and have just started reading through the entire Bible for the third time. I am resolved to read the Bible through each year as long as the Lord allows me to draw a breath. This small daily effort has been an enormous blessing in my life.

I LOVE reading the Bible! First of all, it is God's holy word; it is inspirational; it is encouraging and uplifting; it is instructional...it is a lamp that shows me the way and a light that guides me (Psalm 119:105). The Bible tells us we are not to be afraid; we are to "be strong and courageous...for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

What's the best part of the Bible for me? I have no idea. I love it all. If you are a Christian, let me encourage you to read your Bible...all of it. Get to know your Lord and Savior more personally through prayer, through Bible study; and through church attendance. Hebrews 10:25 teaches us not to forsake "our own assembling together...encouraging one another". Your life will be enriched and you will become a blessing to others. Remember it is not about you; it is all about Him.

If you are not a Christian; accept Christ today. He is waiting for you; come as you are. Let me invite you to read, "The Romans Road". The Romans Road explains the plan of salvation using verses from the book of Romans, which in the New Testament of the Bible.
Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." We have all sinned by doing things which displease God. There is no one who is innocent. (Romans 3:10)

Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus Christ died for us and His death paid for the price of our sins. Jesus conquered death by arising on the third day. His resurrection proves that God accepted His death as the payment for our sins.

Romans 10:9 says, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved". Romans 10:13 tells us, "for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Salvation is the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ. It is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ. What is the result of salvation? Romans 5:1 tells us, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 8:1 teaches us, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Finally, this precious promise Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Would you accept Christ as your Savior today; right now? There are no magic works to recite. Just ask Him, believing from your heart. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation. Here is an example you may follow, "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

Godspeed!!