Friday, January 22, 2010

Journey of Faith (the reason for this blog)

I hope to be able to share with you some of my thoughts as I walk along the path of faith; things that have been spiritually meaningful to me; that have lifted me up in the hope that you will may find joy in them also.

Even though I accepted Christ as my Savior many years ago, about three years ago I felt very much drawn to recommit my life to Christ and live fully for Him. Having heard the saying garbage in, garbage out, frequently; I decided to put the phrase to practical use in my own life. After all, as human beings, we are natural imitators.

I began to pray more, to read and study my Bible more, etc. I made changes in the music I listened to and the books I read. I now listen to Christian music exclusively and the books I read would fall under the genre of Christian/religious books. I don’t watch a lot of television, but when I do watch, my viewing consist of educational or family-type programming; and the same thing would be true of the movies I watch.

Has this made a difference? Yes it has. I am happier and more satisfied than I have ever been. Why? Because I’m doing what I should have been doing since I became a Christian at age fifteen. As Paul explained it to the Galatians in chapter 2, verse 20 (NASB), I now realize more fully than ever, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”

If you are a Christian, pray each day to be filled with the Holy Spirit, to be controlled by the Holy Spirit; I promise you it will change your life. If you haven’t accepted Christ, do so today; “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2b, NKJV)”.

Godspeed on your journey and God bless!