Friday, March 18, 2011

Complete Joy and Happy All the Time

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. John 15:9-11, NIV
The verse of a one-time-popular children’s song, “I’m Happy All the Time” reads:
Since Jesus Christ came in,
And cleansed my heart from sin.
I'm inright, outright, upright, downright happy all the time.
When we experience joy internally it is typically reflected outwardly in a happy demeanor. The only way to have complete joy all the time is to have Jesus within our hearts. To place your trust in anything else and expect the self-contained, residing-within, continual joy that Jesus brings is fruitless. While worldly people change quickly and other worldly things lack stability, Jesus has promised, “I am with you always, to the very end of the age,” Matthew 28:20b, NIV. Hebrews 13:5, NIV, admonishes: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Nehemiah preached, “The joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). To have Christ in your heart is to have joy and strength.

As Christians, we should seek to renew our joy daily through prayer and Bible study. Also, as Christians, our joy should be seen on our faces. Proverbs 15:13 tells us a happy heart makes for a cheerful face and verse 15 of the same chapter says the cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 17:22 says a cheerful heart is good medicine.

Most important of all, as Christians, we should share our joy with others. A great testimony and witness of Christ in your life is your joy and happiness. 1 Peter 3:15 says that we should always be ready to give others an explanation of the hope we have in our own lives. If those around us see that we are happy and full of hope, they will want to know the secret to our happiness. Always be prepared to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with them.

God Bless!
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” - Romans 15:13, NIV (AMEN!!)