Thursday, March 24, 2011

Actions Speak Louder Than Words!

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:  Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Philippians 2:5-8, NIV
FACT: Actions speak louder than words; they always have and they always will. Christ proved this by leaving His throne in heaven to become man and die on the cross for our sins. John 15:13, NIV, says, “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” Christ not only claimed to love us; He proved that love on the cross.

What about us; our words; our actions? Do you live daily the way you proclaim to others to live? Do you have a “Sunday-face” to show to the world and an “everyday-face” that is only on display for your family and friends? And most importantly, as we go about our daily lives, do we live the life we propose to live when we go before the Lord in prayer?

I pray, “Lord, my heart’s desire is to love you with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind.” Does the Lord see me doing that; could someone who knows me well testify that they see that in my life?

I pray, “Lord, let me see others as you see them; let me love others as you love them; let me love my neighbors as I love myself.” Again, do I live my life in that manner before the Lord and before others? Could someone who knows me well verify that claim?

How about this: Paul writes in Romans 12:1, NIV, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.” Am I truly offering my body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable, and pleasing to God or do I merely say that I do? Paul says this is our reasonable; our logical; our true and proper worship. In other words, this is not above and beyond the call of duty; this is our duty!

I am convinced our strongest testimony for Christ is the way we live our lives 24 and 7. Others are always watching us; how we live; how we act and how we react; etc. Be true to your convictions and beliefs for the sake of Christ Jesus and for the sake of those around you. Jesus said, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. John 14:23-24a, NIV.

Actions speak louder than words!

God Bless!