Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pray Through Nineveh

Presently, I find myself facing two impossible tasks. By impossible I mean two things, very honestly, I just cannot do on my own. I want to quit; I want to run away; I want to hide. So why don’t I? Because I know without a doubt, God has called me to both these tasks.

This morning as I was just beginning to awaken, that point when you’re still really asleep but the point when unconscious thoughts are just beginning to mingle with conscious thoughts, these three words popped into my mind, “Pray through Nineveh.”

The words startled me into full consciousness because I knew instantly, God had spoken to me. He spoke into my distress; He spoke into my unwillingness to move forward; He spoke directly to me and spoke to my lack of faith.

Pray through Nineveh. Pray through—you will make it to the other side. The Lord heard my prayers and has answered my concerns about these impossible tasks. He is with me; He’s got this. He’s brought me to it and He’s going to see me through it.

I believe God honors impossible prayers about impossible situations because nothing is impossible for our great and awesome God; He is the Creator; the Beginning of everything. When we pray through and look back, without a doubt we know and proclaim the victory is His; He alone has done it. He alone receives the glory.

This is what Paul had to say, “Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.” Romans 12:12, HCSB

From Paul to the Ephesians, he prays for them that, “you may know…what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe,” Ephesians 1:19, HCSB.

And finally Paul’s prayer for the Colossians, “May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might…,” Colossians 1:11, HCSB.


Pray through Nineveh.