Monday, May 16, 2011

We GET to Do This!

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:8-10, NIV
Last night was a special night at church because two young people came forward to make a profession of faith. I know many prayers from fellow church members have been lifted up on behalf of these young people. Since my sister and I have taught both these youngsters in Bible classes, our pastor asked if we would come forward and stand with them.
As the members of our church came by to give a word of encouragement to the young people several of our members stopped to thank my sister and I for working with the younger folks. I remarked to my sister that while I definitely appreciated the kind and thoughtful words I kept thinking, what have we done but that which we felt God was directing us to do— or as my sister put it, trying to do our reasonable service.
 How very blessed we are that God allows us to help Him in His work. He doesn’t need our help but He calls upon us to work for Him; we GET to do this! When you realize what a blessing it is; what a privilege it is just to plant a seed and then be able to witness God’s harvest, you know firsthand why there is rejoicing in heaven by the angels over that one lost soul who comes to repentance! You feel the rejoicing within your own soul!
Go. Make disciples. Baptize. Teach.
 “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:15, NIV
God Bless your beautiful feet as you spread the Good News!